Friday, July 23, 2010

Thrifting finds

This past weekend I was originally supposed to be visiting family and friends in Connecticut for Sailfest. A car problem had me cancel. To make up for that dissapointment, Mac and I were going to head further south and visit my friend who'd just moved down there. Friday afternoon comes and that gets cancelled, work issues for my husband. So since all my plans had gone awry I had to do something so when my friend Turtle called and wanted to hang out I jumped at the change to hit the local thrift store with her.

I didn't find a lot but what I did find was outstanding. I'm in the process of re-doing my dinning room and the state birds picture is perfect. The frame is in great shape, just needs to be cleaned. The pale green in the print works with the room color and under $4 works for me. The spoons, well I was thinking that I was going to paint them, arrange them as the bones in a skull and crossbones, and then find something kitchen-y to make the skull out of amd hang it up in my kitchen. Looking again, I think that the brown actually goes well in my odd brown and black kitchen, and am reconsidering the painting part of that plan.
     After I get things situated the way I think they should be, I'll take more pics and let everyone know how it turns out.
After the thrifting adventure, we all hit a movie.
It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die.
The hubby and I had been catching the preview for Despicable Me for weeks prior to it's release and were going to see it no matter what. "It's so fluffy" was said so often in our house that I'm pretty sure the dog thought it was his new name.  We hauled Turtle with us to the theater, and might have come up with a new costuming idea. My plate is pretty full at the moment but I think it's something we could all pull off.


I think I now need a few minions, it would lighten up my workload and give me something to watch when there isn't anything on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment